The Technical Sales Associate serves as the central point of coordination between the sales, design, production, and job site teams.
The primary objective of this role will focus on account management and new business development by creating strong and trustworthy partnerships between the company and their clients. Generating new business, supporting existing relationships with General Contractors and Architects, and growing the company’s market share to guarantee industry-leading service. The secondary objective is to benefit the sales team by leveraging technical expertise to enhance the quality and efficiency of projects for the design and production teams. This position is also responsible for supporting the sales team with technical expertise and guidance on any CTF projects.
Specific Accountabilities (Sales):
- Develop the market within the assigned territory and or industry sector.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with B2B clients (general contractors, architects and engineers)
- Generate and follow up on new leads
- Conduct B2B prospecting calls and initiate contact with potential new B2B clients with the goal of introducing the company’s products and services, establishing long-terms professional relationships
- Supporting & delivering outstanding customer service
- Establish, cultivate, and nurture business relationships with key B2B accounts
- Forecast sales and pipeline activities for the upcoming month & create annual sales plan to achieve/exceed objectives
- Strive to maximize both current and long-term sales growth
- Assist with the development of business plans to identify new opportunities within our core market segments.
Specific Accountabilities (Technical):
- Provide customer service and support as needed to exceed sales targets and advance clients/builders through project activity milestones
- Manage the database for key accounts, ensuring accurate and up-to-date contact records and adhering to consistent database rules
- Continuously improve sales skills, project management abilities, business acumen, and product knowledge
- Always be on top of industry trends and needs
Specific Accountabilities (Technical):
- Additionally, the role involves tracking the production process to elevate the customer experience, support rigorous quality control, and uphold the company's high service standards for final projects/products.
- Provide technical support to the sales team during meetings with clients, architects, designers, builders, and engineers for in-depth discussions on customer requirements, expectations, and project budgets, particularly on complex projects.
- Conduct a preliminary review of received drawings and models for estimating purposes, ensuring all necessary information is available for accurate client quotations.
- Proactively address and resolve issues and problems, making sound judgments to enhance project outcomes.
- Assist the sales team in maintaining project schedule from design through production to delivery.
- Monitor projects throughout the manufacturing process and collaborate with production and finishing departments.
- Support builders during design and construction phases, addressing technical inquiries, raising sequences, and detailing package specifications.
- Contribute to new product research and development efforts.
- Provide technical support to clients re site issues and or questions related to design details or construction
- 5+ years of industry-specific B2B sales, construction and project management experience
- Extensive knowledge & experience in construction with a strong technical bent on building/design process
- Extensive expertise in all facets of timber frames/mass timber construction
- Ability to provide technical support to CTF, sales team & B2B clients
- Substantial B2B experience: strategic, prospecting, selling, negotiating skills
- Proven track record for closing contracts, negotiation and persuasion
- Customer-focused and ability to build relationships
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; comfortable and experienced in developing high-level relationships with new and existing clients
- Excellent project management, presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the market and competitor products
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and evolving market environment
- Collaborative team player
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - and place the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.