Must be a Canadian Resident or have a working permit in Canada to apply.
Canadian Timberframes is nestled in amongst 3 mountain ranges, and 5 national parks – our community offers some of the best skiing, mountain biking & hiking BC has to offer. If you have the experience, extraordinary talent & desire to live in the mountains in Golden BC, we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for an Architectural Designer. The Architectural Designer is primarily responsible for ensuring that the Architectural drawings are designed and drafted to meet customer requirements and expectations, as well complying with local and national building codes, monitoring the process along the way to ensure ‘Quality Control’ and the high service standard goals of the company are met in the final project/ product.
Has the experience, knowledge & know-how, to take a design from preliminary sketches to final construction documents individually while keeping a project on track, on time. You will be expected to maintain a high level of production while remaining accurate in your drawings & estimates/CO’s. In addition, you will assist in the development of the Architectural Department within Canadian Timberframes.
What we offer?
Competitive wages; profit sharing program; a drool worthy lifestyle & excellent benefits.
Why Should You Apply?
We are one of the top players in this market & so are you! This is great opportunity to build a career within our growing organization. Not only that, we reside in a sweet mountain town, & have an awesome team of individuals!
Please pass this along to any Canadian Residence that would qualify for this position & the desire to live in beautiful British Columbia.
- Meets with client/architect/designer/builder/engineer to discuss the customer requirements, expectations and budget on complex projects.
- Communicates with local and national building jurisdictions to ensure architectural compliance.
- Prepares preliminary design sketches, model 3D estimates including timber integrations for cost estimates
- Development of detailed 3D BIM models for timber estimate purposes as well as full house construction material take-off.
- Receives and process change orders; inform sales of changes in project scopes for costing & relay to client for approval.
- Development of detailed 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) models in preparation for construction documents using Autodesk Revit in conjunction with Cadwork software.
- Development of detailed construction documents in accordance to local and National Building code.
- Reviews shop drawings, specifications, and construction material recommendations submitted by outside architects, engineers and contractors to ensure adherence to building code and contract, notifies sales of discrepancies.
- Liaises with internal teams and client to maintain timeline of project - develops good working relationships and establishes a solid basis for cohesive team approach
- Site measuring and site checks if required. (Local jobs only)
- Technical assistance to other employees if need be.
- Manage project timelines, milestones and accountabilities of all parties involved.
- Receives final approval from client/builder/architect.
- Ensures software versions being used are current & training is up-to-date.
- Assist in keeping the design department functioning as a team and keeping the morale high.
- Ensures company goals and customer objectives are met and projects a positive company image.
- Liaise with Production and Design Manager as required through Architectural and Timber Frame design processes.
- Develop and maintain new and current details for Architectural Department design library.
- Coaches & mentors Junior Timber frame designers
- Ensures company goals and customer objectives are met and a projects a positive company image
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent understanding, working knowledge and having a minimum of 7+ years’ experience with CAD software programs, Autodesk Revit and Autodesk AutoCAD in order to produce design documents, house plans, construction documents and 3D modeling.
- Uses advanced understanding of design principals, terminology, project requirements, methods, practices, and techniques of heavy Timber Frame construction & general construction methods (as per the building codes)
- Considers customer specific styles and needs – tailors design accordingly
- Is thoroughly knowledgeable about design process and is able to manage time, scope of project, project complexities appropriately and autonomously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients & cross function personnel within company.
- Positions self as a ‘consultant’ to team members internally as well as clients
- Corrects oversights, Q’A’s on his/her own.
- Must be a dynamic individual with the ability and skills to mold and motivate a team of individuals to achieve the goals as established.
- Experience in both residential construction & commercial is an asset.
- Is willing and eager to learn new techniques and practices in order to further his/her career in the in Architectural /Construction/ Engineering (AEC) field as well as the maintain the excellent experience clients have when interacting with Canadian Timberframes Limited.
Please email cover letter & CV to email@example.com.
We will connect only with experienced candidates.