About Canadian Timberframes
Canadian Timberframes Ltd, located in Golden, BC, has built a reputation as the premier design, manufacturer and installer in the timber frame industry by supplying creative designs & quality product to clients, builders and architects across North America in both residential & commercial structures. Established in 1999 we service all of Canada & the United States, specializing in:
- Custom Design
- Timber frame & material packages (everything to lock up)
- Residential & Commercial projects
- Sustainable Practices
Having tripled our sales in the last year, our recent growth and success is no accident. With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a big and bright future. Take a moment & tour our facility – see what we are all about!
- Play a key role in the long-term growth of a successful NA wide company!
- Enjoy an attractive salary package + benefits + bonus!
- Experience an exceptional company culture with a firm commitment to its people!
- Live and play in a mountain town that offers: skiing/boarding, mountain biking, hiking, rafting, kayaking & is in close proximity to 5 National Parks!
About the Opportunity
Currently, Canadian Timberframes has an opening for an Architectural Design Supervisor in Golden, BC .* Please note this is a *full-time, out of our Head Office.
Architectural Supervisor should bring 3+ years’ experience in managing a team, and an advanced understanding of design principals and an exceptional talent for mountain architecture. Has a thorough knowledge of Revit & AutoCAD experience to prepare house plans, construction drawings and specifications from rough sketches to final 3D designs, working closely with affluent clientele, builders, Architects & Engineers.
The Design Supervisor is primarily responsible for all activities within the design group & consultants; assigning projects for estimating and production in the most cost effective manner. And will be the liaison between client and designers ensuring the design work for initial estimates, contracted projects, product requirement and deadlines are met.
- Lead, mentor and motivate personnel encouraging self-initiative, innovation, creativity and technical excellence in order to continually drive improvements, and high service standards goals of the company are met
- Responsible and accountable for meeting, delivering & exceeding production goals & in year objectives
- Introduce and lead new innovations to current frame designs and joinery detailing in order to enhance our product and reduce production costs - sourcing better products and services at better pricing
- Oversee projects, making sure that designs comply with current standards from initial working drawings to final design that accurately define the technical details of the project, such as dimensions, spans and connections as well as mange design specs for K2, shop documents for production and installation
- Ensure that all jobs pass quality control procedures and that all requirements are carried out - make judgments about the best way to solve issues and problems
- Assist in developing new and maintaining current details for design library
- Monitor the performance of design & contractor team workload arrangements as needed, doing it in a flexible manner, taking steps to ensure that workload across all personnel is even and ensures that all documents are accurate and consistent
- Sets the planning, production schedules, work activities / priorities of personnel and pricing models / database for all design projects within the company
- Manage the requirement of Change Orders for contracted projects and to ensure they are accurate and issued on time resolve client issues/concerns/problems, or forwarding caller to the appropriate personnel
- Kicks off design project scheduling an internal stakeholders meeting to discuss / clarify the clients design needs and budget prior to developing a 3-D model and data required for estimating
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Ability to manage, motivate, challenge team of designers into top performers. You are an expert in your field and bring top credentials along with the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of Timber Frame Design. Ability to prepare architectural designs, plans, and specifications, using Cadwork, Hundegger software and other design programs Ability to prepare, manage, schedule complex projects from initial working drawings, optimizing change order process through to final design. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, designers, team and management