The primary accountability of this position is to build / frame pre-fabricated components, finish and package timber products and ensure the highest standards of quality control are adhered to every step in the process.
- Be in constant communication with the Production Manager as to which project should be next to being completed and coordinating the day-to-day work load with his/her co-workers
- Executing instructions as per the drawings and shop traveler on all pre-fabrication and timber frame projects
- Organizing flow of material in the most efficient manner on current and upcoming projects
- Monitoring and ordering supplies required for pre-fabrication work
- Ensuring all shop power tools are equipped for proper use and in good / safe working order
- Finishing connection details on timbers with hand and power tools
- Test fitting connections, checking timber cross sections and inspecting timbers for defects ensuring grades and visual qualities are met
- Sanding, staining and end sealing timbers
- Packaging and shipping timber frame and material packages
- Teaching junior carpenters how to work with hand & power tools required for framing
- Monitoring the productivity of junior carpenters to maintain targets and quality standards
- Ensuring junior timber frame carpenters are working safely
- Cleaning work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe work area
- Assist with timber frame raisings and material package installations at various site locations
- Tail sawing
- Special projects (i.e.; renovations, expansions and etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The candidate must have studied carpentry at a recognized institution.
Must have 5 years of carpentry experience related to framing
He/she must be experienced and knowledgeable general building practices and the National Building Code
Must be a dynamic individual, demonstrating leadership and vision achieving company goals
Previous supervising experience
Ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision
Must have a complete understanding of the production flow and product completion
Comprehensive knowledge of drawings and their interpretation
Must have a valid driver’s licence
Please email your resume to email@example.com - and place the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.