The primary accountability of this position is to use the sawmill to perform routine cutting and trimming of lumber to length for plant projects. Conduct duties in a safe, diligent manner
- Responsible for piling timbers off of outfeed of sawmill
- Responsible for piling unedged lumber off sawmill
- Responsible for off loading waste lumber off of outfeed roll at sawmill
- Responsible for ensuring that clean-up of mill is kept to meet personnel safety, fire safety, operational and aesthetic requirements.
- Service & grease sawmill components as required.
- Assist in service of heavy duty equipment as requested
- Assist in maintenance of sawmill equipment as requested
- Provide assistance in shop, planing, finishing, packaging and loading out trucks as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Maintain the ability to work as a Tail Sawyer on a circular saw and Woodmizer bandsaw
Experience in the sawmill business is an asset
Able to operate heavy duty wheel forklifts
Able to assist carry-out of maintenance requirements and servicing on the mill equipment and heavy duty equipment.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - and place the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.