We are looking for an individual that would be interested in a part time - short term contract ( two months). Candidate must work out of our HO 1-2 days / week.
The primary accountability of this positions is developing, implementing and administering short-term or long-term financial control analysis, operations and reporting systems, prepare profit-and-loss statements for the business, compiles and assesses financial information, creates, reviews and maintains budgets, investigates and advises around accounting discrepancies for the President. As well as, brings accounting best practices that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, rules and regulations to the organization for this short term contract.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial management reports in an accurate & timely manner: monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies, procedures & regulations
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Monitor and support taxation issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Accounting degree or equivalent
Knowledge of accepted accounting, economic practices and principles
Knowledge of auditing practices, principles, applicable laws, codes and regulations
A minimum of 5 years experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice