The primary accountability of the production administrator is to facilitate all production floor administrative tasks and receiving activities & processes to ensure timely and accurate flow of information. Data entering from approved shop sign offs, proper receiving entering of goods in our accounting software are part of the position. Administrative experience and computer skills are required. Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, Interpersonal, and phone skills are essential; ability to think analytically, with focus on problem troubleshooting.
- Communicate daily with production leads to ensure that work activities and deliverables are aligned with contracted obligations and set delivery dates. Produce and maintain weekly Bill of material pulls.
- Assist in coordinating Bill of materials and inventory movements.
- Long term inventory review, processing approved orders and updating the production schedule.
- Inspection of incoming and outgoing loads to verify contents and quality, counting stacking and organizing of lifts, and project boxes.
- Picks materials from inventory / shop floor according to Bill of materials.
- Properly packs & stores (if requires) it to ensure safe ‘service free’ delivery to customer.
- Prepares shipping documents (internal labels & docs/external docs), creates waybills and arranges shipments based on ship date and requirements from production schedule to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Create shipments and waybills
- If required tracks shipments and notifies internal team if there is a delay.
- Receives and inspects received goods to ensure that part number, revision, quantity and delivery match Purchase Order or Intercompany Sales Order requirements.
- Notifies Logistics and Operations Manager when received goods are found damaged, shortage or overage.
- Ensure products are properly labeled when boxes are opened, and that product is protected adequately while in storage
- Maintains inventory mins/max & Mon inventory counts
- Proactively contributes to and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist shop personal in staining department if required
- Assist in accounting entries and other clerical duties if required
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum 1-year administrative experience or a great attitude and willingness to learn.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
Adaptable and self-motivated to changing a work environment.
Ability to perform tasks with little supervision
High School Diploma/GED or Higher
Must be legally authorized to work full-time in Canada for any employer
*Safety footwear is a requirement for all production positions.