The primary accountability of this positions is to schedule smooth day-to-day operations of various processes that contribute to the production of goods and services of this company. The operations manager plays a vital role in maximizing the output; formulating policies, managing daily operations, scheduling, inventory control, handles logistics and planning the use of materials including scheduling and staffing of the various support teams. Always looking for ways to make the company more productive by providing effective methods in its business operations, policies & procedures.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the company’s mission -- specifically, support better reporting, information flow, management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Design team Production team), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Provides a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees; conducting meetings, listening to each department's issues and concerns, and setting a professional example by showing leadership qualities.
- Sets rules and procedures for employees to follow. This includes setting policies in the workplace to ensure effective implementation and adherence among each and every employee in the organization.
- Handling risk management, shipment delays, client’s dissatisfaction and employee problems, making effective decisions that will help the company run smoothly & ensure preventative measures are put in place for the future.
- Recognize, analyze and solve problems across projects and in complex situations and develop solutions that address the root cause of the problem and prevent recurrence
- Identify and plan activities that will result in overall improvement to manufacturing our products & or services
- Challenge inefficient or ineffective work processes and offer constructive alternatives and recommendations
- Ensures employee safety standards, policies and procedures are developed and adhered to in the plant
- Develop and oversee 'quality control systems' for all support teams - ensure awareness and compliance
- Provide opportunities for development through tools, assignments, mentoring and coaching relationships, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum ten years supervisory experience in a construction component manufacturing or timber frame manufacturing
Must be a dynamic individual, demonstrating leadership and vision achieving company goals
Motivates and develops various teams of dedicated individuals
Project manage large, complex, timely projects or initiatives.
Conduct comprehensive risk assessment and develop plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
Use varied communication systems, methodologies and strategies to promote dialogue and shared understanding have ability to deliver difficult or unpopular messages with clarity, tact and diplomacy
Budget development and oversight experience
Please email your resume to email@example.com - and place position choice in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.