Who we are:
We are a quickly expanding Canadian Timberframes based in Golden, BC. Canadian Timberframes has built a reputation as the premier design, manufacturer and installer in the timber frame industry by supplying quality product to clients, builders and architects across North America in both residential & commercial structures.
We manufacturer wall systems, roof enclosure systems, wood ceiling liners and wall finishes, exterior siding & trim packages, stairs, decking along with supplying Loewen windows and doors; everything you need to take your home to lock up. And we will deliver anywhere!
We are nestled in among 3 mountain ranges, and 5 national parks – our community offers some of the best skiing, mountain biking & hiking BC has to offer.
Why Should You Apply? Because we are one of the top players in this market, there is great opportunity to build a career within our growing organization & our because you will get to visit our sweet mountain town a few times a year & join an awesome team!
The primary accountability of this position is to develop and generate new business opportunities, new customers, accounts & business partners. Follow through on the setting the strategy; achieving sales objectives, goals & timelines. Achieves maximum sales profitability, market growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Grow your partner network to drive repeat business & create loyalty with our company. Deliver exceptional service, knowledge and industry expertise. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. Reports directly to the President.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to meet/exceed sales goals
- At the beginning of each month, establish realistic prospecting, sales action plan to achieve monthly objectives
- Forecast following month’s sales & pipeline activities
- Monitor daily performance and compare it with that month's objective.
- Making every effort to maximize both present and long term sales and gross profits.
- Service customers & leads/as required in support of exceeding sales targets & moving clients /builders along our project activity milestones
- Proactively prospect new clients and new business partnerships through market research, outreach & cold calling/daily; monthly to achieve monthly prospecting objectives
- Google new industry partners that are aligned to our business
- Send introductory emails to new partners/prospects
- Phone call follow ups to get face to face meetings
- Build our database with key industry partners
- Maintain reporting sources for developing prospective customers, database development and for information to determine their potential.
- Manage database for region, responsible for keeping contact records up to date; clean data & following proper database rules for consistency of approach
- Responsible for developing & maintain strong positive relationships with CTF staff & coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, design, shop floor & logistics
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers – channels and markets value to the organization.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services against competition – finds an creates unique value proposition
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/region.
- Builds key relationships at tradeshows, constantly evaluating ROI on marketing $’s and assessing new tradeshow opportunities/markets
- Each fall prepare a territory plan for the following year to achieve/exceed objectives
- Prepare in advance and proactively schedule regular sales meetings with the President.
- Work to improve your sales skills, managerial skills, business skills and product knowledge.
- Plan a minimum of 2 trips to HO/year (one at end of year for sales territory planning & one at another point)
Monthly Objectives (ex of what you will be measured on):
New qualified clients/builders you add to the database
Relationships moved up the value chain (A to AA; AA to AAA)
B2C testimonials you captured in month
B2B testimonials you captured in month
New CTF Road Sings were installed in Region
Marketing Stands were delivered & set up to store front B2B offices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Understanding your market and competitors' products
Good communications skills, both writing and verbally
5-7 years of industry specific sale experience.
Professional communication style; experience with sophisticated, educated buyers.
Extensive experience in all aspects of Timber frame construction (would be an asset).
Proven track record in managing regions and consistently exceeding sales objectives
Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Willingness to travel and work in a NA team of professionals.
Proven leadership and ability to build loyal relationships & develop new business markets.
Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness
Initiative and enterprise
Please email CV's to careers@canadiantimberframes and place the job title in the subject line. We will be in touch with qualified candidates only.