Logistics, Procurement & Service Lead Required
About Canadian Timberframes
Canadian Timberframes Ltd, located in Golden, BC, has built a reputation as the premier design, manufacturer and installer in the timber frame industry by supplying creative designs & quality product to clients, builders and architects across North America in both residential & commercial structures. Established in 1999 we service all of Canada & the United States, specializing in:
- Custom Design
- Timber frame & material packages (everything to lock up)
- Residential & Commercial projects
- Sustainable Practices
Having doubled our sales in the last year, our recent growth and success is no accident. With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a big and bright future. Take a moment & tour our facility – see what we are all about!
- Play a key role in the long-term growth of a successful NA wide company!
- Enjoy an attractive salary package + benefits + bonus!
- Experience an exceptional company culture with a firm commitment to its people!
- Live and play in a mountain town that offers: skiing/boarding, mountain biking, hiking, rafting, kayaking & is in close proximity to 5 National Parks!
About the Opportunity
Currently, Canadian Timberframes has an opening for an Logistics, Porcurement & Service Lead in Golden, BC .* Please note this is a *full-time, out of our Head Office / Manufacturing Facility, Mill & Log Yard.
You should bring 5+ years’ experience in Logistics, procurement & service. You have solid experience in relationship management, negotiations, quality assurance & bring superior service skills to the job. You are self motivating, independant with strong productivity and a track record in exceeding objectives. You are an exceptional at what you do & have an ability to foster teamwork & create sound partnerships.
The primary accountability of this position is to schedule and manage all material purchases and incoming deliveries to meet contracted project requirements, meet quality standards, scheduled deadlines, budgeted costs and ultimately customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for logistics co-ordination of shipping, delivery of finished product; again, meeting budget, schedule & customer satisfaction. In addition the role will occasionally provide support to the sales and design process and assist in product research with new business development projects. Ensures all work performed is done safely. You will be the primary point of contact for the co-ordination and direction of the appropriate responses to any service issues coming into CTF (on-site, product, delivery etc).
- Contribute to maintaining the production schedule calendar weekly with daily input/adjustments when required.
- Liaise with clients to ensure deliveries and site requirements are always met / shipping logistics
- Ultimately responsible for raw material purchases within CTF’s formal PO process to meet production and budget requirements
- Responsible to maintain inventory reporting and monthly counts
- Source new material suppliers to improve product offerings, strategic advantages and profitability
- Co-ordinate with Production Supervisor for direct custom material sample preparation/submittal/approval for /from clients
- Direct inventory care and storage while maintaining acceptable inventory levels
- Administer after sales ‘service’ issues and find resolutions
- Support research and development around new product development, sales and design processes
- Communicate daily with Production Supervisor to ensure that work activities and deliverables are aligned with contracted obligations and set delivery dates. Contribute to the production and maintain monthly project calendar.
- Coordinate retail sales, which includes; processing approved orders and updating the production schedule, packaging & delivery of orders.
- Administer after sales ‘service’ issues and find resolutions.
- Responsible for proactively following up with project sites to gather post-delivery feedback, comments, concerns so that they can be dealt with appropriately (from client &builders)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have strong business and management principles involving strategic planning, leadership techniques, resource allocation, production methods, with a vision for achieving company goals and priorities.
- Must be a dynamic individual, demonstrating leadership with the ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work and identify the best people for the job. Assess performance, develop and make improvements or take corrective actions necessary to improve individual performance.
- Must be self-motivated but able to work as part of a team and have excellent communication shills both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization, clients and business partners.
- Experience in the heavy timber industry with raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, profitability and distribution of goods.
- Superior negotiating skills, persuasiveness and confidence in presenting to large groups of people.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - and place position choice in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.