The Designer and Contract Administrator is primarily responsible for assisting the sales department with quotes, contracts and contract revisions. The position also requires to read and interpret architectural drawings and generate 3D models, material take offs and presentation drawings.
- Prepare files and documentation for qualified prospects & co-ordinate with design department all documentation needed for quote / contract (drawings, material estimates, specifications)
- Develop 3D models for timber frame packages and material enclosure packages, generate review drawings and prepares material lists
- Support / co-ordinate with Sales reps to ensure timely quotes, contracts & change orders are delivered, signed off by deadlines & are meeting milestone deadlines
- Prepare preliminary design sketches, estimated design time, estimated machine time, board foot requirement, wood piece count, timber list and hand joinery for cost estimates
- Ensure all prospective quotes & leads meet company qualification criteria
- Ensure that incoming documentation is accurate, and complete
- Understand CTF standard product offering and maintain the CTF products & materials library with up-to-date brochures and handbooks
- Update the pricing calculator regularly to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Receive and process change orders; inform sales of new costing & review with client before approval
- Maintain Sales report schedule
- Liaises with internal teams and client to maintain timeline of project - develops good working relationships and establishes a solid basis for cohesive team approach
- Help to achieve CTF’s quarterly & annual sales objectives
- Assist on special projects as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
General knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and Adobe PDF.
Knowledge of CADWORK and REVIT design software with the ability to design material enclosure packages.
Understanding of design principals, terminology, project requirements, methods, practices, and techniques of heavy Timber Frame construction & general construction methods (as per the building codes). Strong ability to read and interpret architectural drawings. Positions self as a ‘consultant’ to team members internally as well as clients.
This full time position requires self-motivation, strong work ethic, the ability to work independently and in a team environment. We are willing to train the right candidate.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the job description in the subject line. Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.