The Architectural Design Manager (ADM) is primarily responsible for all activities within the Architectural Office and for ensuring the most cost effective results on all phases of design development; from schematic design through design development, construction documents and preparation of material packages (BOM's). The ADM will also assist timber frame designers in liaising with clients to ensure the timber frame designs incorporates the initial concepts, budget requirements and timelines. In Addition the ADM will assist in the development of the Architectural Office for Canadian Timberframes.
1. Maintain, update and report weekly to management on the department’s schedule
2. Sets the planning, design schedules and work activities for all estimates and contracted Architectural design projects & CD's within the company for both internal personnel and out sourced services
3. Assists in compiling data for architectural plans, specifications, cost estimates, reports, etc.
4. Kicks off Architectural design project, scheduling an internal stakeholders meeting to discuss / clarify the clients design needs and budget prior to developing contracted Architectural design work
5. Reviews shop drawings, specifications, cost estimates and construction material recommendations submitted by outside architects and contractors to ensure adherence to contract and notifies client of discrepancies
6. Liaise with clients in order to capture all of the project requirements
7. Preparation of layout and draws preliminary sketches of project to present to client.
8. Developing and/or coordinating scaled drawing of details required for review with clients and engineers
9. Developing and/or coordinating detailed 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) models in preparation for construction documents and material packages using Autodesk Revit software
10. Developing and/or coordinating development of detailed working drawings and specifications after approval for project has been obtained
11. Contributes to the accepted Change Order policies and procedures as they pertain to the Architectural design department
12. Liaise with Production Design Manager as required through Architectural and Timber Frame design and BOM processes
13. Introduce and lead new innovations to contribute to improvements in all aspects of design and product development
14. Develop and maintain new and current details for design library
15. Assist Sales Team in promoting additional products to clients to achieve sales goals
16. Assist in preliminary design for estimates (i.e. timber frames, roof systems, window packages, etc…)
17. Lead, mentor and motivate personnel encouraging self-initiative, innovation, creativity and technical excellence in order to continually drive improvements, and high service standards goals of the company are met
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be a highly organized individual
Ability to manage, motivate, challenge team of designers into top performers
Ability to prepare, manage, schedule complex projects from initial working drawings, optimizing change order process through to final design
Must have a good understanding of building codes and general construction practices
Must be proficient and experienced in designing/drafting plans for design development and construction purposes
Excellent understanding and working knowledge of CAD software programs Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit in order to produce design documents, construction documents and 3D modeling
You are an expert in your field and bring top credentials along with the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of architecture, architectural principles and techniques and timber frame design
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, designers, and management
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - and place position choice in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.