Secures financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and auditing, regulatory and government reporting, maintains budgets and forecasts preparation; supervises staff. Brings financial management experience, including corporate accounting. You take ownership of your responsibilities and confidence in your accuracy of your reporting. You have initiative to add value.
- Supervise all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely & accurate monthly financial statements
- Drive month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets accounting financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements; investing excess funds.
- Approves cash disbursements by verifying cheque amounts against invoices, preparing cheques and wire transfers.
- Approves ledger entries by auditing transactions.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting (this might be #18)
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Verifies employee benefit invoices by verifying coverage and costs.
- Oversee employee benefit package.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Ensures all government payments are reported and paid in a timely fashion (Payroll Tax, GST, PST, Corporate Tax, WCB)
- Track, research and register if required for Sales tax in US or other countries as required.
- Reconcile all inventory counts and track variances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proven experience in Accounting, Supervision, Benefits Administration, Audit, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Quality Management, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Attention to Detail, General Math Skills
In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, auditing practices, codes and regulations and best practices
Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (SAGE)
An analytical mind with a strategic ability
Skills Possess high energy, maintain a persistent mind-set, enthusiasm, and be extremely goal oriented
Possess a professional business manner, an ability to identify, connect and build relationships
Good negotiation, influencing & communications skills; well spoken & personable
Strong analytical & reasoning ability’s with keen attention to detail & highly numerate
Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize work independently, with minimal supervision
A positive attitude, initiative and enterprise
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org include the job title in the subject line.
We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.