Operations Manager Required
About Canadian Timberframes
Canadian Timberframes Ltd, located in Golden, BC, has built a reputation as the premier design, manufacturer and installer in the timber frame industry by supplying creative designs & quality product to clients, builders and architects across North America in both residential & commercial structures. Established in 1999 we service all of Canada & the United States, specializing in:
- Custom Design
- Timber frame & material packages (everything to lock up)
- Residential & Commercial projects
- Sustainable Practices
Having doubled our sales in the last year, our recent growth and success is no accident. With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a big and bright future. Take a moment & tour our facility – see what we are all about!
- Play a key role in the long-term growth of a successful NA wide company!
- Enjoy an attractive salary package + benefits + bonus!
- Experience an exceptional company culture with a firm commitment to its people!
- Live and play in a mountain town that offers: skiing/boarding, mountain biking, hiking, rafting, kayaking & is in close proximity to 5 National Parks!
About the Opportunity
Currently, Canadian Timberframes has an opening for an Operations Manager in Golden, BC .* Please note this is a *full-time, out of our Head Office / Manufacturing Facility, Mill & Log Yard.
You should bring 7+ years’ experience in Operations management: managing a manufacturing facility, you have sound experience in safety, quality assurance, superior service, strong productivity and a track record in exceeding financial objectives. You are an exceptional leader & have an ability to foster teamwork & create sound company culture.
The primary accountability of this positions is to schedule smooth day-to-day operations of various processes that contribute to the production of goods and services of this company. The operations manager plays a vital role in maximizing the output; formulating policies, managing daily operations, scheduling, inventory control, handles logistics and planning the use of materials including scheduling and staffing of the various support teams. Always looking for ways to make the company more productive by providing effective methods in its business operations, policies & procedures.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the company’s mission -- specifically, support better reporting, information flow, management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (Design team Production team), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Provides a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees; conducting meetings, listening to each department's issues and concerns, and setting a professional example by showing leadership qualities.
- Sets rules and procedures for employees to follow. This includes setting policies in the workplace to ensure effective implementation and adherence among each and every employee in the organization.
- Manages the company's operating budget to determine how much the company has spent and what it can purchase in the near future. Set budget for coming year: equipment and machinery purchases
- Handling risk management, shipment delays, client’s dissatisfaction and employee problems, making effective decisions that will help the company run smoothly & ensure preventative measures are put in place for the future.
- Recognize, analyze and solve problems across projects and in complex situations and develop solutions that address the root cause of the problem and prevent recurrence
- Ensuring personal and machinery in the factory produces goods as per the expectations of both company goals & customer expectations.
- Assess gaps between the current state and desired future direction and establish effective ways for closing the gap
- Identify and plan activities that will result in overall improvement to manufacturing our products & or services
- Challenge inefficient or ineffective work processes and offer constructive alternatives and recommendations
- Ensures employee safety standards, policies and procedures are developed and adhered to in the plant
- Develop and oversee 'quality control systems' for all support teams - ensure awareness and compliance
- Provide opportunities for development through tools, assignments, mentoring and coaching relationships, etc.
- Track trends and developments that will affect our ability to meet current and future client needs
- Identify benefits for clients, look for ways to add value; seek out and involve clients or prospective clients in assessing services, solutions or products to identify ways to improve
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum ten years supervisory experience in a construction component manufacturing or timber frame manufacturing
- Must be a dynamic individual, demonstrating leadership and vision achieving company goals
- Motivates and develops various teams of dedicated individuals
- Project manage large, complex, timely projects or initiatives.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessment and develop plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Use varied communication systems, methodologies and strategies to promote dialogue and shared understanding have ability to deliver difficult or unpopular messages with clarity, tact and diplomacy
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Tolerance to stress
- Conflict management
- Team work
- Influencing and leading
- Communication skills
- Decision-making ability
- Planning and organizing
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
Please email your resume to email@example.com - and place position choice in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.