The Design Manager is primarily responsible for all activities within the design group & consultants; assigning projects for estimating and production in the most cost effective manner. And will be the liaison between client and designers ensuring the design work for initial estimates, contracted projects, product requirement and deadlines are met.
- Maintain, update and report weekly to Senior Management on design department schedule
- Lead, mentor and motivate design personnel encouraging self-initiative, innovation, creativity and technical excellence in order to continually drive improvements, and high service standards goals of the company are met
- Sets the planning, production schedules, work activities / priorities of personnel and pricing models / database for all design projects within the company
- Monitor the performance of design & contractor team workload arrangements as needed, doing it in a flexible manner, taking steps to ensure that workload across all personnel is even and ensures that all documents are accurate and consistent
- Manage the requirement of Change Orders during the design process, for contracted projects and to ensure they are accurate and issued on time resolve client issues/concerns/problems, or forwarding caller to the appropriate personnel
- Kicks off design project scheduling an internal stakeholders meeting to discuss / clarify the clients design needs and budget prior to developing a 3-D model and data required for estimating
- Responsible and accountable for meeting, delivering & exceeding design department production goals & in year objectives
- Oversee projects, making sure that designs comply with current standards from initial working drawings to final design that accurately define the technical details of the project, such as dimensions, spans and connections as well as mange design specs for K2, shop documents and BOM’S (Bill of Materials) for production and installation
- Introduce and lead new innovations to current frame designs and joinery detailing in order to enhance our product and reduce production costs
- Ensure that all design work / department deliverables pass quality control procedures and that all requirements are carried out - make judgments about the best way to solve issues and problems
- Assist in developing new and maintaining current details for design library
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to manage, motivate, challenge team of designers into top performers
You are an expert in your field and bring top credentials along with the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of Timber Frame Design
Ability to prepare architectural designs, plans, and specifications, using Cadwork, Hundegger software and other design programs
Ability to prepare, manage, schedule complex projects from initial working drawings, optimizing change order process through to final design
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, designers, and management
Please email your resume to email@example.com - and place the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Good luck! We will be in touch with qualified individuals only.